Houdini – Wood Fracture

Done in Houdini, render with Mantra PBR. Comp in Nuke.

Not satisfied by the smoke, and maybe the effect need to be more « explosive » (it’s better by making a « boom » sound with your mouth !).

Exterior texture of the tree coming from here : http://xoio-air.de/2012/bark-texture-set/

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Aqueduc (abandoned project)

Aqueduc

I started this project some days ago, but I haven’t enough time to finish it. The goal was to create a waterfall which was starting from the top of the aqueduc. My sim time and render time were so long that I just abandoned it… So this is what’s left.

The modeling was done in Maya, and I used the Maya paint effect for the vegetation (and IvyGenerator for the ivy). All the rest (except texturing, in Photoshop) was done in Houdini. Render with Mantra PBR, comp in Nuke.

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Pyro/Mantra

 

 

Pyro/Mantra. Not very proud of the second video, I was not able to achieve a blowtorch effect. But the smoke on the ground is pretty cool (emitted by a circle which is following the emitter).

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Shader driven by viscosity – Houdini

The goal here was to modify the shader by his viscosity level, actually driven by a color.

So where there is more viscosity :
– more refraction
– the refraction angle is lower
– the little white dots in the snow disappear
– the displacement scale is decreasing (which is maintain by the rest position)
– the diffusion is also decreasing
– and the specular level is increasing.

 

 

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Snow shader – Houdini

Done in Houdini, render with Mantra PBR.
A shader started from scratch, pretty fun to do !.

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Hair – Houdini

Houdini Fur, render with PBR.
(I don’t even know why I rendered an entire sequence, this is almost a still frame…)

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Maya – nCloth

Still for school, the goal here was to make cloth.

Everything was done in Maya, Photoshop and Nuke. I used VRay for rendering. For cloth I used nCloth, very fast, very simple and very accurate. But I’m not totaly satisfied with my simulation. And yes, there is no background, not enough time and I think that it’s fine like this.

I’m a big fan of Prince of Persia (one of the first game I played was the original Prince of Persia), and my favorite game is still The Sand of Time. So I wanted to travel a bit with this scene…

Publié dans Réalisations

Permalien

Suivre

Recevez les nouvelles publications par mail.